General Body Meetings
Prabasi holds general body meetings once every year during our Annual Day. The Board Members present the financial report for the last year during these meetings. All members also ask questions to the Board about general issues and present their suggestions and complaints, if any. Given below are the results of the past few meetings.
Board of Directors Meeting 2016
As per the BOD meeting held on Jul 26th Tuesday 9 pm
Attendees: Indra Chatterjee, Tracy Haldar, Arghya Mukherjee, Subrata Dey, Arunava BanerjeeSubject: Chairman post
Subrata Dey’s term has ended Jun 30th, 2016. In meeting no other BODs were willing to shoulder this responsibility. Since no other BODs is ready to accept the Chairman post, it is being proposed to nominate Subrata Dey to be the chairman for 1 year. This is as per the by-laws 6.2.1.
Minutes of General Body Meeting 2015
Date: June 6, 2015
- We had attendees 100+
- Yearly events, Charitable events sponsored by Prabasi and challenges were presented by Subrata Dey
- New constitution is being wriiten ( will be effective in July/August 2016 ). Current BOD continues till then.
- Trustee body will be formed effective August 2016 after the New Costitution is implemented.
- Financials for the year 2014-15 was presented by Arghya Mukherjee
- Artist line up for the year 2015 -16 was presented by Subrata Dey and Arghya Mukherjee
- Meeting completed with a Q&A
Minutes of General Body Meeting 2014
Date: June 14, 2014
- Discount to Senior citizens.
- Marketing the value add of becoming Annual member and Patron Member.
- One flat rate for membership.
- Convey Prasad distribution is free
- Mention donar names on the website.
- Trustee body formation in next two years
- New Prabasi constitution completion approval by BOD ( June, 2016)
Minutes of General Body Meeting June 11, 2016
Key Takeaways from the Annual Day Meeting:
NOTE: Please see attached slide deck for detail.
- 2016 Durga Puja will be celebrated on October 8th and 9th at Santa Clara County Fairgrounds . Please note the venue change. Chabot college is not available. We celebrated DP at Chabot College campus for last 18 years but they decided not to let us use the venue because of a) security violation b) custodian complaint and c) growing crowd, spilling of oil in the campus drainage system by vendors, people throwing used diapers and garbage in the bushes, carrying food in the auditorium, etc
- Possible artists for Durga Puja’16 : Usha Uthup and Joy Sarkar, Sujoy Bhowmick and Paroma Banerjee ( pending Visa approval )
- Possible artist for Kali Puja’16 – Kinjal Chatterjee ( pending Visa approval )
- Financial challenges because of cost of index increase. BOD proposed an increase of 10% of membership fee effective FY 2016-17
- New constitution is proposed for long term sustainability of Prabasi. Also, the timeline for implementation of the new constitution is presented ( see the attached presentation slide deck )
- NABC 2017 status and organization structure was presented ( see the attached presentation slide deck )
- Announced that Subrata’s Chairmanship will end on June 30, 2016. He has one more year to serve as BOD. Subrata will be handing over the responsibility to current BOD to decide on the new board structure, which will be communicated to members by the end of July.
- Very productive meeting with many constructive suggestions for volunteer participation.
- Meeting adjourned at 1:00PM followed by delicious lunch.
- Lot of effort have been put by BODs to identify a new site for DP. This brings us back to the idea of owning a place and the formation of Trustee Committee.
Recommendations from members:
- Volunteer solicitation in different areas should be announced on Prabasi website.
- Volunteers should be recognized in Prabasi website with their pics and contribution
- Sustain the Prabasi membership rather than aggressive increase- availability of big auditorium at reasonable cost.
- Natak in Durga Puja should not be considered other than local group.
- Prabasi should encourage volunteer groups in different areas ( Puja, Cultural, fund raising etc.. ) based on their interest.