Along with worshipping our Durga Pratima, this year, our priests will conduct a special parthiv puja – ritual that leads to growth, success, health, wealth and peace of mind. One who conducts Parthiv Durga Puja gets relief from the malefic effect of all planets. This has been an extremely difficult year for all of us around the planet, from the pandemic to the Bay Area families experiencing impact from the excessive heat, rolling blackouts, and thick blankets of smoke in our communities, some are also directly impacted by the many fires that are burning in and around the Bay Area. This year, the special parthiv puja ritual will be conducted keeping you all and your families in our hearts and prayers during this difficult time.
To ensure that our members who are not comfortable coming out in a public set up still get to experience the puja, we will be streaming Kolkata Puja and arranging online Anjali.
Along with live streaming of the Puja to our global audience, Bay Area Prabasi is thrilled to present a virtual “Pujor Jolsha” to our members during the Puja days which will include the following highlights:
- – Backdrop will be a majestic Thakudalan with old-world charm.
- – Include special elements of Puja like Kolkata Pushpanjali, Aroti, Sandhi Puja, Kolkata Dakhi, Dhunochee Nachh, etc.
- – Special Appearances/Performances by prominent personalities/artists and our local Bay Area talents (More information coming soon about local participation)
For volunteering, membership and sponsorship queries, please contact [email protected]
Bay Area Prabasi Durga Utsav 2020[MEMBERS ONLY]
Friday, October 23rd, 10AM- 10PM.
In-person pujaVenue: MilpitasColfClub,CA
We are very pleased to announce that we have been able to secure a fantastic outdoor Golf course venue in Milpitas, which is strictly enforcing CDC guidelines with plenty of social distancing space where Pratima Darshan, “Ashtami Puja” and “Sandhi Puja (contact-free anjali) will be held this year for our 2020-2021 members, following the “actual puja muhurat” on Friday, 23rd October. We will be able to accommodate 55 members at a time. We will be using appointment slots (MEMBERS ONLY with registration and signed waivers) to ensure all our members are able to get some puja premise time and collect pre-packaged contactless food. Please help in complying with the city, county, and other regulations for holding the puja event. We seek your cooperation and assistance to make the Durga Puja a successful event.
Plan Your Visit
The “In-person Durga puja 2020” is pre-registered, MEMBER’S ONLY event.
- Become Prabasi member htto://orabasi.org/members-area/become-member.
- Appointment slot booked by members on first come, first-serve basis.
- Registration for Burge Puja appointment slots will be validated through primary member’s email.
- Once booked, members can download waiver forms from the website. You have to sign, print, scan and send one waiver per family with all family member’s signature with their names at info(@nrabasi org within 48 hours of registration to get the confirmation. For minor – signed by parent/guardian if the participant is under 18 years of age.
- Your registration will be secured ONLY after receiving your waiver.
- A confirmation mail will be sent with location details.
- No refund and appointment slots can not be changed/transferred after confirmation.
Our onsite appointment slot will be for the following slot:
Prepare before you go:
- Stay home if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (symptoms of COVID-19) if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Bring ID, masks, drinking water.
- Check Bay Area Prabasi website, social media, and email for the latest updates to address any COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- CDC recommends members who are at high risk of becoming seriously ill should avoid gathering.
- Free parking.
Registration Booth and Heath Sr Safety:
- Primary member’s ID required for entry process and collecting registration envelop (includes wrist band, food coupon, venue map)
- Body temperature screening and/or symptom checking for all family members.
- Require the use of a mask (2 years and above) THROUGHOUT THE VENUE.
- Check-in with volunteer(s) for assigned sitting arrangements.
- Social distancing of 6 feet between attendees , volunteers, and others.
- Restrooms available at the venue. Mask requires and consider limiting the number of people who occupy the restroom at one time to allow for social distance.
- Please bring drinking water bottles.
- Food/drinks are available outside the Puja premise sold by the club/restaurant.
- Limited time per family for Pratima Darshan.
- Designated area for photography, social bubbling.
- Contact-free anjali – Anjali / Sandhi puja.
- Personal offerings to Maa Durga (flowers, fruits, sweets etc) are not encouraged.
- Check-out with volunteer at the exit.
- Pick-up contactless bhog distribution – all food would be boxed and no consumption at the venue.
- Virtual puja experience from Kolkata with cultural programs (Saturday and Sunday, Oct 24th and Oct 25th).
- Hastag your photos #BayAreaPrabasi @ Facebook/Instagram.