Welcome to Bay Area Prabasi
BAY AREA PRABASI is a membership based non-profit socio-cultural organization of the Bengalis of the San Francisco Bay Area, founded in 1974. Our mission is to promote and contribute to the charitable, religious, literary and educational activities with particular emphasis on the heritage of Bengal. The organization is governed by an elected Executive board of directors and the Board is responsible for the basic functions of the organization, including the Articles, Bylaws, and major decisions relating to organizational form as well as membership matters, broad policy decisions, and matters of general importance to the overall group organization. Join us to celebrate the quintessential Bengali occasions, grow a deeper appreciation of our heritage and stand beside others when help is needed. Become a part of the Prabasi family today!
To deliver the essential medical devices and services in Kolkata to help in fighting the second wave of the pandemic- Bay Area Prabasi has formed a consortium with Kolkata Foundation, AIM, MUKTI, RHCF, NK Realtors and Srijan.
$65K raised of $200K goal
- Procure 500 high quality oxygen concentrators + 5,000 pulse oximeters and ship to Kolkata (Concentrator units are procured @$590/per unit)
- Create a first responder center [Hello Beta] for at-home delivery of oxygen concentrators (to reduce pressure on hospitals at maximum capacity)
- Connect patients via telemedicine to a pool of medical doctors
May 1st Update
- $150K + INR 50 Lac raised for Project Breathe
- Greater Bay Area Clubs - Sanskriti, Utsav, Bay Basi join the effort with Bay Area Prabasi & Kolkata Foundation
- 100% funds will go towards relief
- 130 oxygen concentrators @ $560 reaching Kolkata May 4th.
- Additional 250 concentrators on the way Mid May
- COVID medicine kit created & under procurement
- Website + Call Center operational procedures finalized for distribution
About the organizations
- MUKTI (Implementing organisation on-the-ground) Extensive operations in 200+ villages, empowering 30K women through self-help groups and financial assistance, empowering 8000+ farmers, educating 5000+ children, sponsoring college of XXX students. Executed 500+ medical camps in collaboration with RHCF during Cyclone Amphan.
- Rural Health Care Foundation (RHCF) (Implementing organisation on-the-ground) 2.5 million patients served till date through 18 medical centers, 30+ national and international awards, studied by Harvard & Yale business schools.
- Bay Area Prabasi: One of the oldest (close to 5 decades) and most established Bengali association in the heart of silicon valley, connecting the Kolkata diaspora and contributing to the community. Have contributed significantly to COVID and “Amphan” causes in the US and India.
- Kolkata Foundation: a US-based nonprofit with a mission to unite Calcuttans all over the world to fight poverty in Kolkata. Raised $600K+ since inception (Dec 2017). 800K+ meals provided during COVID/Amphan relief. 25000+ patients helped during Cyclone Bulbul/Amphan.
- Kolkata Gives: an umbrella organization of Kolkata-based philanthropists that have raised/deployed 5 Cr. INR to social impact causes over the past 5 years.
Bay Area/Northern CA Organizations
We are grateful to the US Bengali community organizations (many of them are from the Bay Area) who have come forward to join us with Project Breathe and help our people suffering in Kolkata.
|$2000 and above|
|Outreach Promotional Solutions|
|$1000 and above|
|Donors (Other Amount)|
|Corelynx Technologies Inc.|
|Ambar Kumar Das Bairagya|
|Pinaki R Mukherjee|
|Adhir K Mandal|
|Karno Das Chowdhury|
|Anindya Chitta Bagchi|
|Bukli Haircare LLC|
|Sanghamitra B Roy|