Join the Bay Area Prabasi Family!
People who become members after October 2, 2021, will be unable to join any auditorium event due to pre-seating assignment need at the venue, as dictated by local authorities. However, they will have access to live streaming online. You can still visit the Durga Puja in the Chabot Cafeteria.
We regret the inconvenience caused.
Bay Area Prabasi is the first Bengali organization in Northern California established in 1974. We are registered as a charitable socio-cultural 501c3 organization in the State of California.
We invite individuals to come together and work alongside each other for the betterment of our community. Bay Area Prabasi members are actively involved in:
- Meaningful Philanthropic projects both locally and overseas.
- Celebrating our traditions.
- Engaging in a rich network of entrepreneurs and successful people who are willing to guide and mentor the new generation.
- Involved in Incredible cultural programs involving professional and local talent.
- Contribute actively in community building to promote belonging and respect.
Membership Benefits for Annual members
- 2 lunches & 1 Dinner during Durga Puja
- Kali Puja Dinner
- Saraswati Puja Lunch
- Virtual Concerts (Including Bollywood)
- Complimentary Shankha – our Annual Magazine
- Picnic Lunch
- The Picnic, held in the summer, will be open to all members at no charge as a Member Appreciation Day
- Members and their families will be invited to perform in various cultural events hosted by Prabasi.
- Special discounts may be offered to our members from time to time on various events/activities hosted by Prabasi and/or our partners
- Special events for children and youth members and senior citizens are organized from time to time
- Members who have obtained membership a minimum of thirty (30) days before the first BAPI event of the given fiscal year are eligible to vote and exercise the rights as defined in our constitution
- Members will be eligible to participate in the Annual General Body Meeting and will get a chance to review the Association’s events, its financial status, and any other matter that is important for the smooth operations of the organization.
- Members will receive an opportunity to lead and serve in the Board of Directors, Executive committee, election committee, and various other sub-committees
- Members participating in the Annual General Body will have the power to elect the Board of directors, make specific recommendations to the Board
- Have a small business? Looking to attract new clientele? Members get discounted rates for setting up stalls and banners to promote their business during Prabasi events
Above all, being a member gives you a sense of belonging and ownership and the ability to bring change.
Our membership plans are as follows:
- Adult (18+) – $150
- Youth (11-17) – $75
- Older Kid (5-10) – $50
- Kid (0-4) – FREE!
- Parents/Guests – Durga Puja – $60
- Parents/Guests – Kali Puja – $25
- Parents/Guests – Sarawati Puja – $15
**If parents are being added for the full year, it should follow the same pricing as Adults ($150).
Durga Puja All local cultural programs and activities and 3 meals (Saturday Lunch and Dinner, Sunday Lunch) Complimentary Copy of Literary magazine Streaming of Bollywood concert online Kali Puja Puja, Anjali, Dinner and professional virtual concert Saraswati Puja Complimentary participation for kids from member families in cultural events,Hathe Khori and lunch Annual Picnic Picnic Lunch and fun games Other Additional year round activities and 1 more virtual concert/program with Kolkata Artist*Meals are estimated at $20/pp per meal