Updated Sept. 1, 2021
Kavita Krishnamurti Ticketing Workflow
Keeping in mind the public health and safety, following the regulations from the state and county for COVID-19 indoor auditorium and performances, we are only allowing a limited capacity seating in the auditorium. We understand that this will be the first in-person Bollywood concert in the Bay Area in past 2 years and there are lot of demand for such in-person, full orchestra event. However, we need to be mindful of the current circumstances. We would also want to cater to our members as well as non-members looking forward seeing her.
Auditorium Capacity, Seating and Safety Protocols
- Auditorium and seats are going to be fully sanitized and cleaned after each event
- Very limited capacity is allocated for the event
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory at all times in the auditorium
- Socially distanced seating; Seats are going to be allocated based on the POD; A POD is group of adjacent seats based on the booking. PODs are isolated and
socially distanced from each other. A POD is allocated by the ticketing system;
- The ticketing/allocation system is smart and runs an algorithm in the backend to effectively calculate the POD size and POD locations.
The ticketing will be done in batches; The first batch is allocated for the members and their guests at a discounted price of $50 through BAP. There will be a restriction on the max numbers of tickets that one member can buy at a discounted price. The max number is set to the number of the heads (members + guests) for the membership.
- Members can purchase the tickets at a discounted rate ($50/ticket) for their family and guests based on the max number as described above through Bay Area Prabasi’s website until Sun, Sep 12 midnight in Pacific Time.
- The member needs to send an email to [email protected] with the PayPal receipt and membership # to confirm the booking. At the same time, they can make a request to co-locate their seats with another member family by giving reference
- Bay Area Prabasi will send a confirmation by looking into the backend membership record and special request details
- We will be working on automating the above STEPS with web-integrations
Member only pricing is ending on Sept 12th, 2021. Pre-allocations of the seats will be ending on Sept 15, 2021 and thereafter the remaining seats will be open for public on Sept 17, 2021. Starting Sept 17, both members and non-members will require to go through the public ticketing system and pay $100/ticket since BAP will have no control over the ticketing. The ticketing will be happening through an external system (purplepass) – guests can manage their booking, select seats through purplepass directly. New members signing up after Sept 17th and before the event will also need to go through the external ticketing system. However, they will NOT be eligible for the MEMBER-ONLY pricing after Sept 17th . The indoor auditorium protocols and guidelines are valid for non-members as well.
For any questions, comments, or feedback, please reach out to us at [email protected]